Two of my writer friends, Leslie and Katey were kind enough to nominate Red said what? for an Inspiring Bloggers Award. As such, I am taking a break from the personal essay circuit this month to happily accept their nomination.
Bloggers typically nominate each other for awards to show support and generate interest. To accept this nomination I am required to:
- Display the award badge on my blog…check
- Link back to the people who nominated me…check
- List 15 blogs that inspire me…check
- Share 7 snippets about myself. Thank you in advance for the indulgence.
In an effort to respect the “award free” policy of some of the below sites, I am sharing them with the hope that someone might also enjoy the content. To the writers, by all means consider yourself nominated for an Inspiring Blogger Award if you would like to participate.
Blog Inspiration by category…
Health, Fitness, and “Strength”
Catalyst Athletics Words with Lisbeth
Education, Relationships, & General Good Stuff
Donna Gwinnell Lambo-Weidner’s Life is an Adventure
life in a flash Safekeeping Stories Stacey Wilk
Reading, Writing, & Illustrating
Gold From The Dust: Bringing Stories to Life
Raising Readers The Jersey Farm Scribe
Writing for Kids (While Raising Them) Writing & Illustrating
Z is for Zampetti, L is for Librarian & W is for Writer
1. As a high school senior, I won a $50 prize sponsored by Shop Rite for “Most Personality and Common Sense.”
2. During college, I worked in the library’s periodical department.
3. With the exception of Rhythm Nation, I have seen Janet Jackson on tour every other time.
4. Margarita. Straight up. No salt.
5. Play the “right song,” and I will bust out the dance moves; anywhere, anytime.
6. Favorite CrossFit movement? The overhead squat.
7. I know how to fire a musket.
Please contribute to the pool of inspiration. Take a minute to comment and share:
1 personal snippet (I figured 7 would be over kill)
1 blog, website, article or book that inspires you.
Thank you Lisa and Katey. And thank you Red said what? readers for inspiring me to write what feels right.